Frequently Asked Questions
- If I am pierced at another Piercing Studio and I am having problems can I come to Piercing Planet for advice?
- What happens if I miss my appointment time?
- How long does it take to do a piercing?
- Can someone come into the room with me when I am getting pierced?
- Can you pierce with different style and size balls straight away?
- How do I know if I am taking care of my piercing correctly?
- Can I be pierced with body jewellery that I bring along to the appointment?
- Is there anything I can do to prepare for my appointment?
- How Can I Be Sure That My Piercing Is Performed In Sterile Conditions?
- What is the piercing jewellery made of?
- What is the difference between a dermal and a skin diver?
- Can I get the piercer to change the jewellery for me?
- I have just been pierced. When can I change the jewellery in my piercing?
- What if I change my mind?
- Do I need to make a booking?
- Can I get pierced with a clear bar?
- Do you supply numbing patches?
- Do I have to be 18 or older to get piercings?
- What ID do I need for intimate piercings?
- Do I need parental consent to get a piercing?
Yes, we cannot offer you adequate advice via Facebook or over the phone. However we encourage you to come into our Studio and one of our professional body piercers or highly trained staff would be more than happy to assist you. This is a free service. Problem piercings usually only require more appropriate size and quality body jewellery. Most problems can be easily fixed. We can assist you with the change of your body jewellery for a cost of $4.95 to $9.95 (price depends on the complexity of the change). We will also educate you on correct Aftercare procedures to increase the lifetime of your piercing and to reduce the possibility of you encountering further problems.
We will try and schedule you for the closest vacant appointment we have available. If we are booked out this may mean you will not be rescheduled until the next day.
Most piercings take only 10 minutes however we want you to leave the Piercing Room feeling comfortable and very knowledgeable about how to best take care of your piercing, therefore sometimes it may take a bit longer.
Unfortunately we only allow the person being pierced into the Piercing Room as we don’t want to compromise a clean environment. Your friends and family are welcome to wait in the store and have a look around while they wait for you. Younger children who are getting their ears pierced are allowed to bring a parent/guardian in the room for comfort.
You are able to choose from the largest selection of different style and size balls in Australia. Our Piercers are able to fit them for you immediately.
If you have any concerns or questions please come into our studio and one of our friendly staff will be more than happy to assist you.
Every piece of jewellery needs to be sterilised before you are pierced so therefore we don’t usually use customer jewellery. Furthermore, we cannot be sure about the quality of the material your jewellery is made with. Our supplied jewellery is free with your piercing, is sterile and is made of high grade surgical stainless steel - all of which ensure you achieve the best possible result with the healing of your piercing. You may insert your own body jewellery once your piercing has fully healed.
Yes. We advise that you eat substantial food within four hours prior to your appointment time. Clean, loose fitting clothing is also recommended for your comfort.
Our clinic upholds only the strictest of Hygiene Standards. Please click on the Certification/Hygiene button in the top of the page for more specific details on our Hygiene Policy.
Our piercing jewellery is made from the following materials:
- 316L Surgical Steel
316L Surgical Steel: The majority of our piercing jewellery is made of implant grade material, 316L Surgical Steel. The basic material is 316L SS (316L Surgical Steel) is polished to implant grade. The main characteristics of the 316L SS are:
- It does not bend of break
- It never changes colour
- It never tarnishes
- It is Hypoallergenic – does not cause any allergic reactions
- It does not release nickel salts
Titanium: Grade 23 Titanium (6AL-4V-ELI) is compliant with the European Ncikel directive of 2001 for intial piercings as it is biocompatible. Titanium is an extrememly strong yet lightweight metallic substance used in various fields such as medicine, aeropace, construction, military hardware and jewelry. The main characteristics of Titanium are:
- Is hypoallergenic
- Does not release nickel into the body
- Has extreme chemical stability
- Super smooth surface
Bioflex: Bioflex is an excellent piercing material. Main characteristics of Bioflex are:
- Boiflex can be steam sterilized or autoclaved and is highly bio-compatible.
- Reduces the chances of any allergic reaction to almost zero.
- Zero nickel content and fully complies with the European Union Nickel Directive.
- Highly flexible and bends with the body for ultimate comfort.
- Transparent: ideal for use as a retainer
- A medical grade plastic that passed successfully the USP (United States Pharmacopoeia) testing including the class VI biocompatibility test.
Both piercings are permanent (that is you cannot take them out yourself, they have to be professionally removed). With a dermal you are able to change the top (ie colour of ball, design, etc) however with a skindiver you cannot change the top – the skin diver you get pierced with is what you will have the whole time you have the skin diver in. There is also some difference in the base of the jewellery – ie the part that is inserted under your skin.
You are welcome to come into our Studios at anytime and we can advise what you can change to. The Piercer will then change your jewellery for a small cost of between $4.95 and $9.95, depending on the complexity of the change.
You should not change the initial body jewellery until your piercing is fully healed. Your healing time depends on your body’s ability to heal. It can take anwhere between 1 to 6 months to heal providing you follow our Piercer’s advice. You are welcome to come into the Studio at anytime to have your piercing checked and this is a free service.
Once you have made your appointment and paid you will not be able to get a refund. If you have not entered the piercing room you will be offered a store credit to the value of your piercing. If you have entered the room and decide at the last minute you don’t want to proceed you will be given a credit but a value will be deducted for any piercing materials used (such as gloves, clean down of room, any opened needles, jewellery, etc)
It is recommended that you phone 3210 2444 so as you can be pierced at the time you want. However if phoning ahead is not possible please come into the store and we will do our best to accommodate you.
We are able to pierce most areas with a clear bar/ball. Please refer to the description of piercings in this site that will indicate if a particular piercing can be pierced with a clear bar/ball.
We do not provide numbing patches. You may however purchase them from a chemist before your piercing and apply according to the chemist’s instructions. We do not apply numbing patches under any circumstances. Please keep in mind numbing patches can take time to work so book your appointment mindfully.
It is against the law to perform the following types of piercings on persons under 18 years of age: nipple, female and male genetalia (we refer to these as intimate piercings). There is no law preventing any other types of piercings to persons under the age of 18.
You will need photographic ID stating your date of birth and name
As we said above there is no age restriction on piercings other than intimate piercings referred to above. However if you are younger than 18 we do recommend that you discuss your plans for piercing with your parents beforehand, so everyone is happy with what you are about to do.